The Nokia OZO PC-01 Professional Virtual Reality Camera is the first Virtual Reality device designed for professional productions to capture 360° spherical video and features 360° x 360° surround sound. The OZO features (8) synchronized 2K x 2K sensors and a lens angle view of 195° per lens.
Each interchangeable Digital Cartridge provides 45 minutes of recording time. One single video file stores all video and audio data to maintain sync and ease your post production workflow.
The OZO also delivers one output co-axial cable and one power and memory cartridge. Use the real time interactive feedback in a VR preview to monitor while on location or set. The OZO also delivers wireless portability for tripod, crane, aerial devices, or gimbal applications.
- Presence Capture: Spherical and Stereoscopic Video capture with Spatial Audio Array
- Video Sensor Type: Progressive Scan with Global Shutter
- Video Sensor Array: Eight, synchronised, 2K x 2K sensors
- Video Area Coverage: Full-spherical, 360 x 180 degrees
- Min Imaging Distance: 0.5m / 20″ (spherical video coverage)
- Stereoscopic Coverage: Centerline +/- 130(h), +/- 65(v) degrees
- Lens Interoptic Distance: Effective max. 86 mm / 3.4″
- Lens Angle of View: 195 degrees per lens
- Relative Aperture: f/2.4
- Video Dynamic Range: 60 dB / 10 stops
- Base Color Temperature: 5,000 degrees Kelvin
- Base Sensitivity: ISO 400
- Audio Sensor Type: omnidirectional, solid state
- Audio Area Coverage: full-spherical, 360 x 360 degrees
- Audio Dynamic Range: 64dB S/N, 120dB max SPL
- Master File Format: MOV wrapped OZO Virtual Reality with 8Ch raw Video and 8Ch PCM Audio
- Video Compression: Wavelet-based raw
- Media Module: 500GB, Solid State Media
- Record Duration: 45 min per Media Module
- Program Output: 3G-SDI SMPTE 242M, DIN connector
- Capture Frame Rate: 30.00 fps
- Cooling System: Passive (fanless) design
- Battery Pack: Rechargeable Lithium Ion
- Power Consumption: 12V DC, approx 30W in record mode
- Weight: 4.2kg / 9.3lbs including Battery
- Construction: Milled Aluminium Alloy
- Color: Lava Grey
- Dimensions – camera head only: 264mm x 170mm x 160mm / 10.4″ x 6.7″ x 6.3″
- Dimensions – with camera mount: 264mm x 170mm x 238mm / 10.4″ x 6.7″ x 9.4″
- Planned Certifications: CE, FCC Part 15 Class B
- Operating Temperature: 0C to +25C (+32F to +77F)
- Storage Temperature: -40C to +50C (-4F to +122F)
The Nokia OZO is our most exciting new piece of kit, the first VR 360 camera built from the ground up.
The industrial design of the unit is reminiscent of Space Odyssey’s Hal or The Matrix Sentinels and its potential is just as futuristic as the images it conjures up. No more multi-camera rigs with multiple points of failure, the first device with 360 x 360 surround sound and 360 degree spherical video capture all in one chassis. The OZO runs off a battery which lasts 90 minutes and memory modules that give you 45 minutes of 4K recording, with WiFi communication with a laptop or even a tablet for adjusting multiple options, as well as triggering capture without being in shot, something crucial when dealing with 360 material.
The Wrangling Crate
The OZO is the first camera with a VR monitor output via SDI and our data wrangling crate makes full use of it. Our portable crate contains the Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle Pro allowing for a continuous record with two 1TB SSD modules allowing for recording of many hours. The Crate also includes the highest specification Mac Pro for fast data transfers as well as live playback of material that can be played via the Oculus Rift VR Headset.
The Live Cart
Not only is the OZO a brilliant camera for capture of any 360 event or VR experience, it is also available to broadcast live virtual reality with unprecedented quality and ease. Using a standard 4K workflow that integrates with standard UHD broadcast equipment and SDI signal protocols allows us to use existing production switchers and colour correctors. Our OZO Live cart processes the raw signal from the OZO in real time and switches the images to a stereoscopic or monoscopic video with full 3D audio. Using dual GTX 1080 GPU’s allows us to achieve this along with several other key components.
So far we have taken the OZO and systems to some weird and wonderful locations, but we are always keen to demonstrate it to potential clients in the UK so feel free to get in touch with Ollie or Tom to discuss the Nokia OZO and how it could work on your next job.